It grieves me to see beggars.
One of the most painful that I've seen so far was one lady in Chatuchak sitting outside the train station. Her face was disfigured and she had no eyes. No eye balls whatsoever. It grieves me because she was probably forced into it and was deliberately blinded and her eyes dug out just so that people would sympathize and get more money not for herself but for the people behind it.
Right opposite her was a man who was also partly disfigured and was mute. He was begging by making noises and all I could do was to walk pass them and try to hold back my tears.
And last night, in the night market, I saw a lady with a child. It is very much normal to see them with a baby but the one this time was just heart wrenching. The baby was SO small and it was obviously very very very malnourished. Its arms were so tiny, with just skin and bones and again, all I could do was just to watch. We gave the mother food in the end but that is the most we can do.
And yea, I witnessed another one when I was in Hanoi. We were in the boat in Halong Bay and then we saw a smaller sampan coming towards us and noticed that they were beggars. Beggars even at SEA! There was a mother, a child and a baby sleeping in the boat under the scorching heat.

I searched a little bit about the whole beggar syndicate and found some even more gruesome truths.
I don't quite know how to express how I feel about this. It just grieves me so much that there is just so little that I can do. They have been robbed of their hope in life as well as the very meaning of their existence.
What is this world turning into? I really believe that some humans are way way way worse than animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment